I love Cole slaw. I love it as a side with smoked baby back ribs while watching the final round of a PGA major championship, Sunday evening Eagles game, an NFL playoff game, or the Super Bowl. Here’s a new twist on an old favorite. This slaw is jacked up with Dijon mustard, Greek yogurt, Cayenne pepper, some green and red peppers, and fresh green onions. Tasty! I might even try it on a hamburger.
- 3/4 C good quality Light Mayonnaise, like Duke’s
- 1/4 C Dijon mustard
- 1/4 C packed Light Brown Sugar
- 3 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 T plain Greek yogurt
- 4 t Celery seeds
- 1 t Salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 t Cayenne
- 1 bag Cole Slaw mix
- 1/2 C Green Pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 C Red Pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 C Green Onion, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh Parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, yogurt, celery seeds, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and whisk well to dissolve the sugar. In a large bowl, combine cole slaw mix, green and red peppers, onion, and parsley.
- Toss with the dressing until evenly coated.
- Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Place in the refrigerator, covered, to chill slightly before serving.