This recipe for Paleo Cajun Sausage stew is quickly becoming a favorite in our household. The ingredients are basic, the instructions simple. The batch is supposed to serve four, but my wife and I can easily gobble down two-thirds of the pot, with no guilt, of course. Don’t skimp on the pork sausage.Â Enjoy!
- 1-2 T Olive Oil
- 1 lb Pork Sausage, links or bulk
- 1 15oz can Tomato sauce
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach leaves, stems removed
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 T Craig’s Cajun #1 Seasoning, or your favorite store bought Cajun seasoning
- Â½ t Cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Â¼ C Cilantro or Parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet and heat the oil using medium high heat. Add onions, green pepper, and red pepper. Saute until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cock until fragrant, one minute.
- Add sausage and cook until the sausage is brown on the outside.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, cumin, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Add tomato sauce and stir to combine.
- Increase heat to boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro and serve.
1. The recipe can be doubled.
2. My wife likes the stew over cooked cauliflower.